XBOX LIVE, Skull Candy- Low Riders

By Ravergirl on 8:33 PM

Filed Under:

So I've been having some trouble on xbox live. I have two original mics and both BROKE so around xmas time I was thrilled to get the Skull Candy Low rider headset.




So lets break it down.
Xbox live is where smack talking, game communication, and friendly chat takes place. Especially for me, a gamer girl with a popular youtube channel and is quickly gaining momentum.

So hearing people is the MOST important this for me when it comes to headphones.

I get fans who want to talk to me, I get hit up in party chat whenever I bounce on... that's why I generally pay off live when I need to make a review. (which is most of the time)

My original one-eared live mic worked fine. What I liked about the original one was the fact that the voices were channeled directly to your ears and it was wireless from the system, only connected to the controller for power.

They were simple, but the biggest con was they looked and felt like I was working a gaming drive-thru.
Then they broke in september (2 sets... I played Gears of war2 probably too much) and I was micless.

I got the Skull Candy lowriders and was completely thrilled to have a chance to talk with my live friends again.

I noticed my excitement fading rather quickly when I started to use them.
Pros and Con's breakdown time.

Pros:
-The headset covers both ears, are very comfortable to wear, and stereo sounds decent.
-They have one of the sexiest headset designs I've ever seen.

Cons:
-It has to be powered by USB, meaning you have to PLUG IT INTO your SYSTEM. Talk about a pain in the ass, I've learned to HATE wires since the new gen of consoles have come out. So annoying, it limits how far away you can sit from your screen.

-It doesn't put the players voices directly into your ears. In fact, the ONLY way to hear them in your head set is if you plug in a splitter cable into the 360 jacks to only hear LOUD ass game play and meek little voices which are utterly incoherent.

-The headset doesn't get very loud, which is GREAT if you have kids and don't want tthem to blow up their eardrums like I already have... but holy crap Its hard enough to hear the game, and I can't really hear the players at all.

So I was trying my best to figure out a way to hear my XBL besties.
I had to turn down the game and sound effects to the BARE min, and I STILL couldn't hear my friends speak clearly or loud enough at all.

Listening to them through the TV didn't help either. It was all meshed in with gameplay and I couldn't hear anything.

I know, I don't have the best hearing. After all I've been raving for the past 7 years so I already know my ears are pretty screwed up.

Plus I work at a resturant and work drve-thru which really messes up your ears too.

No matter how much I LOVE Skully Candy (which believe me they are by far my FAVORITE company as far as quality headphones go), I can't tell you enough how much I despise this headset.

Why are there so many cables?
Why can't I hear live chat directly into my ear, why does it have to be meshed in with gameplay sounds?

I love the look of them enough to use them in videos becasue they look nice as a prop, but dear GOD I need to find a decent wireless headset that lets me freaking HEAR.

Yes, I'm a little upset that I wasted 50 bucks.
I just wished my old headsets worked so I could at least play on live again without going CRAZY!

-Kristen

1 comments for this post

Anonymous

What I want to know is what happened to your first 2 mics. Are you that hardcore?

Sorry you wasted $50, but at least people wise enough to read your post will know to avoid them.

Posted on January 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment